Forgive the terrible pictures, dusk and camera phone (along with a complete lack of photographers ability!) is not a fantastic combination for getting good photos!
I know, I know I am way behind with this QAL (and I'm only doing one block!). The dresden leaves have been pieced for a while, but the next step, the curved piecing sounded sort of difficult. Having never done anything similar before I found it difficult to really visualise how it would work. So I did what any normal sane person would do.... procrastinated! (love that word :-)) I put it in a box and decided to finish my pillow instead. Which to be fair I had ignored for long enough!
I was pleased to find that although awkward piecing the inner circle was not impossible. I managed to get it done in a lot less time than I expected thanks to Lynne's fabulous instructions! There was a little unpicking required to get rid of a pucker, but I thought that only one was quite good going!
It doesn't quite lie flat, but I am hoping that the rest of the piecing and quilting will sort that out!
I am very glad I finally jumped in and got on with it!
You're one step ahead of me! Looks perfect from where I'm standing
ReplyDeleteHi Manda! Looks good. I still haven't pieced my inner circle yet!!
ReplyDeleteI was planning to cheat and appliqué the centers!
ReplyDeleteIt looks nice! I've never done one before. Maybe I'll try it!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I was mightily surprised when my one came out fine I was sure it'd be a disaster. Just need to have a go at the next step now.
ReplyDelete