Tuesday, 18 October 2011

The last month or so...

Its been a while ... again but here is what I have been up to.

Firstly I was lucky enough to win some Aurifil thread from Kati. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm excited to see what this thread is like! Thanks Kati!

I have actually done some sewing!

More Pinwheels for my Pinwheel Sampler.


Pinwheels
The only downside was I chose my blocks before looking at what fabric was required so as a result these 4 had to be a little scrappy, which I'm not sure is a look I totally love but I am hoping that when it is all together they will just blend in.
Pinwheels

I have two more blocks to do. I think I have finally figured out (after about an hour staring at the page!) what I need to cut for these. Yes I am having a total brain loss evening today...
I also went back and looked at Rachel's original pinwheel sampler quilt and its amazing how different blocks can look when you place the fabric even slightly differently. So I may do one all hallows variation block as the original and one like the one in Rachel's quilt. They are only slightly different but still.

It was my birthday last week and although I didn't ask for sewing related presents this year (on the basis that I still haven't used what I got last year!!) my sister surprised me by wrapping my presents with some fabulous Strawberry Fields fabric!
Fig Tree Strawberry Fields FQ's

I was impressed with the fabric she picked out (she doesn't sew/quilt) and amused by the stories she told of how many times whe was mildly insulted by the lady in our LQS. Apparently the first thing she said when she walked in was "your too young to be in here!"
She isn't much younger than me, but I am used to the strange looks now! :)

I will hopefully be back soon. It is FNSI 21st Oct - thats this fri! So go over and sign up!
And Sarah at FairyFace Designs has posted about her Winter Stitching Plans so I am thinking up my list!

FairyFace Designs


3 comments:

  1. Your pinwheel blocks look really nice. I did that one too and the All Hallows block was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Manda J!
    Love the Bliss blocks & am jealous of the thread and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the scrappy look of your pinwheels, and strawberry fields are divine! Great choice! Happy belated! Hope you did something nice! Jxo

    ReplyDelete