Saturday, 18 June 2011

Result of June's FNSI!

Voila!

Pebble quilting the ground for BQS Quilt

Doesn't look like much does it! This is the ground of my BQS quilt. Lots of progress has slowly taken place on this over the last week or so. I am now ready for the next stage of applique and stitching. I will wait until then to show the whole thing (translation.. at least that way if the next bit destroys it noone will know what was ruined!). But I am quite pleased with how it is looking so far.
Despite last night not going quite as planned (ie rather than having a nice quiet house to myself to sew in I eneded up with family & a sick baby in the house!) I shut my door and got to work on this pebbling. When I first starting thinking about quilting for this quilt I wanted to pebble the soil part. I came very close to chickening out but I couldn't think of another suitable way to quilt it. So I did some practicing and then just decided to go for it. I'm glad I did. I think it works well with the rest of the little quilt.
I watched Leah's video on pebbling before I started and when she said that the 4" square took her 45 mins to do I thought she was joking. She wasn't!! My shoulders were aching this morning lol! :)
I hope everyone else had productive Friday nights!

Handmade by Heidi

Link

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your pebbling is amazing. Must have taken ages! Well done! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can only imagine how long that amazing pebbling took you! it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, the pebbling looks amazing :)(envy, envy, I'm still no good at FMQ)

    ReplyDelete