Hi Partner!
I thought you would probably want to see where I am up to with your Brit Quilt Swap quilt so here is the story so far....
It all started with a glimmer of an idea ...

Tilly was my experiment!
Then after lots of doodling and lots of bits of paper flying around I got this...

Got some positive feedback from the BQS group on flickr so decided to go ahead with the design.
Started scaling up the design...

Creating more of the applique shapes...

Then things stalled while I found/ordered/waited impatiently for the tree fabric to arrive!
Tree is created....

All applique shapes are done!
Everything is stuck down, suitable threads are gathered together!

I decided there was no chance I would be able to stitch down the stitching lines first time without so guides so I started doodling with my pencil again...and my sharpie!

(and it is a good job I did from all the erasing that was involved!! =D)
Stitching lines transferred onto the fabric and everything gets basted.

I hope there is enough pins in there to stop it puckering too badly!
And finally.... The stitching has begun! Loving this part of the process so far!

So partner... What do you think??
I thought you would probably want to see where I am up to with your Brit Quilt Swap quilt so here is the story so far....
It all started with a glimmer of an idea ...

Tilly was my experiment!
Then after lots of doodling and lots of bits of paper flying around I got this...

Got some positive feedback from the BQS group on flickr so decided to go ahead with the design.
Started scaling up the design...

Creating more of the applique shapes...

Then things stalled while I found/ordered/waited impatiently for the tree fabric to arrive!
Tree is created....

All applique shapes are done!
Everything is stuck down, suitable threads are gathered together!

I decided there was no chance I would be able to stitch down the stitching lines first time without so guides so I started doodling with my pencil again...and my sharpie!

(and it is a good job I did from all the erasing that was involved!! =D)
Stitching lines transferred onto the fabric and everything gets basted.

I hope there is enough pins in there to stop it puckering too badly!
And finally.... The stitching has begun! Loving this part of the process so far!

So partner... What do you think??
I'm not involved in this swap, but it looks great to me! You are putting lots of work into this cute project :-) You have a lucky partner.
ReplyDeleteI can't be in the swap, but I'm so jealous. I've never done anything like this before. How did you learn, or is it trial and error?
ReplyDeleteI am not in this swap either but I think it is incredible!! I adore it!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute Manda, you've put so much thought and talent into this mini quilt. I'd be over the moon to be the lucky recipient. Can't wait to see it finished! Jxo
ReplyDeleteLove the process of creation. And the quilt is so fantastic. Look forward to the finished post!
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be a lovely quilt. I'm starting to wish I was British. And thanks for sharing the process, I love to see how things are created.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I am in love with Tilly!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this design it's right up my street. What a wonderful scene this quilt makes.
ReplyDelete