Saturday, 17 September 2011

Results of FNSI

Well last night was FNSI. I've not been so well this last week, winter colds and flu starting already! So despite hoping that I would be feeling much better by friday it was not meant to be. So I decided some nice stress free simple sewing was the way to go! My Sewing Room Sampler had slowly been coming together so last night I put my PJs on, got myself a brew and hot water bottle and put a dvd on. Then I set to work stitching and I am pleased to say I finished it! (There is an advantage to not being able to sleep when your ill!)

Sewing Room Sampler by BariJ 


I quite enjoyed this first attempt at embroidery (although I'm not sure I would do that many french knots again any time soon!!).
Now that I have started and discovered how much fun it can be as a portable project I may jump in and commit myself to something bigger next time like LMS - Birdie Stitches or Clover & Violet's QAL

Now I just need to decide what to do with it.. think it will go on the wall in my sewing space once I finish decorating.

Here are the links for FNSI so that you can check out what everyone else got up to. Hope everyone else managed to get a bit more done than me! :)

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet sampler. You did great for your first attempt. I find that doing embroidery is a great way to relax and destress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling little sampler!! glad a little stitching made you feel better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and a great job for your first embroidery !!Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work on your embroidery! Yikes, look at all those french knots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I've only got 2 1/2 of the blocks finished on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was supposed to be doing FNSI, but ended up in bed at eight. You had a really good night, this will be lovely up on your wall

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better today...

    And I love your little sampler! I borrowed my DDs embroidery books to try some new stitches for the Birdie Stitches. You should give them a try... you know you want to! ;-)

    Your sampler will be the perfect addition to your sewing space. Take care, and thanks for visiting me... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sampler!!!! I think it's time for me to embroider again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Manda, you have done a great job.. Your little sampler is fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great sampler and your french knots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from California :) Love the embroidery Manda. So cute. I've been quilting for a while now but still feel like a beginner, too. Going to follow along if you don't mind.. nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete