Sunday, 6 November 2011

The last two pinwheels...Yay! =D

I have finally finished the last two pinwheels for my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt using Rachel's tutorials!

This is an All Hallows Variation block. I really like this block!

560

Then after doing a bit of nosing and looking at what other people have done I decided to make my second block a little different. So I did some colouring...

558

I used the original All Hallows variation block but coloured it in different ways to change how the design looked. In some I changed the design very slightly. It was fun to see how different the same block can look! :)
In the end I decided to go for this design as it was the one I liked best that I felt would also work with the other blocks.

559

I love this block too! However if I made it again I would prob change a couple of things slightly as they looked better in pencil crayon than in fabric! Another impressive thing is that they were all tiny 2.5" HSTs and they line up! (Absolutely worth all that HST trimming!) That was one of my concerns about changing the design so that it was all HSTs as in the past tiny things don't tend to line up nicely for me! This block probably already exists under another name so if anyone knows what it is please let me know! :)

So now just sashing, deciding whether I want mini pinwheel corner block things, quilt and bind!



6 comments:

  1. Manda, your piecing is beautiful!! What points! I love this block and my favourite is the second one. How different they look. Can`t wait to see the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look lovely. And it's amazing how different a block can look if you basically just change some colours in the desing.
    Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. swoon! love them both so much! your perfectly pieced points are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love seeing them in different colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great block Manda and super piecing skills. Great play with the colour combinations too.

    ReplyDelete